Look at the pictures of Helen and use the prompts to write sentences. Use the correct form of the present simple.
1.Every day, Helen gets up athalf past seven.
2. Helen often eats fast food for lunch.
3.Helen usually meets her friends for coffee in the evening.
4. Once a week Helen watches a film at the cinema.
5.Helen rarely goes to the gym.
6.Heles has a driving lesson twice a week.
Complete using the correct present continuous form of the verbs is brackets.
You may have to use some negative forms.
1. Gordon? I think he is writing a letter at the moment.
2.Yes, the match is on TV now, but we are losing.
3. Right now, Margaret isn’t having a shower. Do you want to ring later?
4. Sally is staying with her aunt for a few days.
5. I am nit liying! It’s true! I did see Madonna at the supermarket.
6. Josh isn’t always using my bike! It’s so annoying.
7. We are having lunch, but i can come round and help you later.
8. Are you playing music up there? It’s really noisy!
Rewrite correctly. Change the words or phrases in bold.
1. Are top musicians studying for many years? Do top musicians study for many years.
2. What’s going on? I hope you don’t touch my things! I hope you are not touching my things.
3. It’s a small business, so each person is doing lots of different jobs. It’s a small business, so each person is does lots of different jobs.
4. Does Christine listen to the radio, or is the TV i can hear? Is Christine listening to the radio, or is the TV i can hear.
5. I am usually buying a special ticket each week for the bus because it’s cheaper. I usually buy a special ticket each week for the bus because it’s cheaper.
6. Our washing machine is starting when you press this button. Our washing machine is starts when you press this button.
7. How’s the matsh going? Does our team win? How’s the matsh going? Does our team win? Do our team winning.
8. Many people are enjoying spending time on the beach on holiday. Many people are enjoy spending time on the beach on holiday.
Circle the correct word or phrase.
1.When we were in Canada, we went\were going skiling almost every day.
2.Aboute four years ago, I disayded/was deciding to become a chef.
3.Geirga had/was having a shower when someone knockid at the door.
4.Holly and i ran from the house to the taxi becouse it rainid/was raining heaving.
5.Two men argued/were arguing outside, so i went to see what was happening.
6.Daniel callid/was calling you at one o’clock yesterday, but you were here with me.
7.We ate/were eating breakfast when a letter come through the letter box.
8.As i walkid past the window, i sow that Paula made/was making a cake.
9.I dreamt/was dreaming aboute my favourite hand when the alorm clock went off.
10.While i practised/was practising the trumpit late last night, a neighbour come to complain.
Complete using the corect past simple or past continuous from of the verbs in the box.
answer, he, continue, get, go, have, open, practise, put, ring, say, shine, sing, wake
Amber’s Big Match
One morning, Amber woke up early. The sun shone and the birds song, Amber was very excited becouse it was the day of day of the big tennis match.
Amber went downstaits and into the kitchen, where her fother hadbreakfast.
‘Morning, Amber. Today’s the day!’ he said. Amber smiled nervously. ‘Don’t worry!’ he continued . ‘You’ll he fine’.
Amber put some toast into the tooster and openid the fridge. Just as she was geting the butter out, the phone ring . Her father answered it. After a few minutes , he put the phone down.
‘Bad news, I’m afrid. The other practisid yesterday when she had on accident. The match is off’.
Amber ate her toast spoweng. She was su rprised she didn’t feel disappointed.
Circle thecorrect word or phrase.
1.When we were in Canada,we went / were going skiing almost every dey.
2. About four years ago,i decided / was deciding to become a chef.
3.Georgia had / was having a shower when someone knoced at the door.
4.Holly and i ran from the house to the taxi because it rained / was raining heavily.
5. Two men argued / were arguing outside,so i went to see what was happening.
6.Danielk called / was called you at one o’clok yesterdey, but you were here with me.
7. We ate / were eathing breakfast when a letter came through the letter box.
8. As i walked past the window, i saw that Paula made / was makinhg cake.
9. I dreamt / was dreaming about my favourite band when the alarm cloc went off.
10. While i preactised / was practising the trumpet late last night, a neighbour came to complain.
Complete using the correct past simple or past continuous from of the verbs in the box.
answer, be ,continue, get, go, have, open, practise, put, ring, say, shine, sing, wake
Amber’s Big Match
One morning, Amber 〈1〉 woke up early. Thw sun 〈2〉 shone and the birds 〈3〉 sany. Amber 〈4〉 was very excited because it was the day of the big tennis match. 〈5〉 Veentdownstairs and into the kitchen , whereher father 〈6〉 Had breakfast. Morning, Amber. Todey»s the dey¡ he 〈7〉 said. Amber smiled nervously. Dont worry he 〈8〉 Continued. You’ll be fine.’ Amber〈9〉 Put some toast into the toaster and 〈10〉 opened the fridge. Just as she 〈11〉 was geting the butter out, the phone〈12〉 ring. Her father〈13〉 answered it. After a few minutes,he put the phone down. Bad news, i’m afraid . The other player〈14〉practised yesterdey when she had an accident. The match is off.’ Amber ate her toast slowly. She was surprised she did’t feel disappointed.
Look at the pictures and complete the sentences. Use the correct form of the post simple.
- I dont want to go and see the film because i saw it last week
- I dont need a football because in yesterday
- I know a lot abaut Paris because in two years
- I dont nedd to worry about my homework because a last night
- I havent got a playstation any more because in June
- Mum is angry with me because a week
Complate using the correct past continous form of the verbs in brackets
1.Ted (Play) his guitar at half past seven .
2. At midnight i (Sleep) but jane (Listen) to music.
3.Luke (Stend) outside the bank when suddenly two robbers ran past him.
4.I know Doug (Work) late at the office because i saw him when i (Leave)
5. you (Have) a shower when the earthquake happened?
6.Pany (Run) to catch the bus when she slipped and fell.
7.When you saw Eudene he (Go) home?
8. At midinight ? Erm we (Watch) a DVD i think